Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Feel Sick!
My leetle brother Joshua

So about a week and a half ago, all of our four kids were home sick from school. Jenna had strep, Josh was throwing up, and Kate and Sara had fevers. It wasn't fun for any of us, but my mom did a great job of taking care of all of them and avoiding as few messes as possible.

There was just one problem, Joshua, the little monkey, always thinks that when he's sick...it's the only thing that matters. From anywhere in our house you might hear him yelling from his room things like..."I FEEL SICK!" or "MY NOSE IS BLEEEEEDING" or "I'M THROWING UP!" (which causes my mom to run up to the room as fast as she can with a garbage can. It's weird because he YELLS these things as loud as he can, but he doesn't really do anything about them, he just kind of sits there and waits for someone to come help him, which gets annoying when all of us just want him to go to sleep for a little bit so we can rest and restore our energy.

Anyway, one day when Josh was still pretty sick we were all hanging out in the living room and Josh was continually announcing his sick status...but a little confusion on my part turned into a lot of anger on his....

Josh- I feel SICK!
Me- (I could've sworn he said this) You like yogurt?
Josh- NO REE! I feel sick!
Me- Omg, I don't really like yogurt, but what's your favorite kind?
Josh- REE! STOP IT!
Me- Vanilla? Yogurt? Do you like Strawberry?
Josh- REE! STOP IT! I SAID I FEEL SICK I DON'T LIKE YOGURT!

Well, I was glad that confusion was sorted out because I didn't think it was that normal for people to just announce their favorite snacks while sitting around.

3 comments: