Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Tooth Fairy


Because of the harsh winter air, Joshua has been getting a lot of nose bleeds, especially right before he goes to bed. The other night, I heard him crying from his room and ran in to see what was wrong, and found out he had indeed gotten another nose bleed. I cleaned him off and calmed him down because he was scared. As he started to settle down, he started telling me about random things from his day, like how he had nachos for a snack at school and how I had promised (so long ago) to take him to drug mart so I better take him soon. I'm so used to his randomness it didn't even phase me. But then he told me some very exciting news...

Josh- Ree! I lost my first tooth today!
Me- Omg you did! That's so awesome let me see! (He smiled widely and displayed a hole on the bottom row of his teeth) WOW! You really did lose your tooth Joshy!
Josh- Yeah! And the tooth fairy is gonna come tonight and bring me PRESENTS!
Me- She is?? Well is your tooth underneath your pillow so she can get it?
Josh- No.
Me- Well, where is it?
Josh- Um, I ate it.
Me- HAHAHA WHAT? You ATE it? Now the tooth fairy can't come and get it!
Josh- Yes she can Ree. She's coming tonight.

Then Josh proceeded to tell me more about his day, then asked if I would please take some pictures of him before he went to bed. I wasn't even surprised by this odd request, so I took some shots of him sleeping on the cold hardwood floor which he claims is "SO MUCH MORE FUN" and "MORE COMFORTABLE" than his real bed.

Honestly, I will never understand this kid but that doesn't mean he's not the funniest thing ever!


Josh just before bed with his hat, bear-bear, and his sing-a-ma-jig. Classic.


2 comments:

  1. To think that Bear Bear used to be yours long ago. Now he has the permanent imprint of Josh's head imbedded into his back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sp precious. Did the tooth fairy come??

    ReplyDelete