Friday, February 25, 2011

The Laser

The other day while I was babysitting with Sam, we decided to take the kids down to Walgreens. I had to pick up some pictures, and I had promised Josh a while before that I would take him there so he could pick out something he wanted since he had been good. That was probably the worst decision of my life because it was utterly impossible for Josh and Sara to pick out something they wanted. When Josh came upon anything that was even SLIGHTLY interesting he would let out a noise which resembled a person hyperventilating. He would then SHOUT the name of the product at the top of his lungs so everyone in the store could hear what he had discovered. The phrase "kid in a candy store" took on a whole new meaning, and this is Walgreens i'm talking about.

After about 15 minutes of Josh switching between 100 things he wanted, I finally found something that he showed actual interest in. It was a wand-like figure which lit up upon the press of a button. Josh shouted..."REE! IT'S LIKE STARWARS! IT'S LIKE A LASER FROM STARWARS!" He then proceeded to hold the wand like a sword and swing it around in every direction possible, claiming to be able to CUT ANYTHING! This probably was not the best thing to get him, but the excitement on his face was so contagious that I bought one for Sara too (they were 2 for $5! How could I possibly pass that up?)

After I had checked out, I gave Josh and Sara their "lasers" and Josh shouted once again..."LOOK AT MY LASER! I CAN FIGHT ANYONE!" He then proceeded to make a laser noise (which probably translates best to the sound peeeeeeeeeeeew) and point his new wand at a man walking by who gave us a pretty unpleasant look...

The light up laser was the hit of the night. It held Josh's attention for about 20 minutes which is actually pretty good considering his personality!
















Josh's New Laser! "ITS SO COOL REE!"

When we got home, I was putting away the things from the store, and I didn't really pay much attention to where Sara and Josh had gone, but it certainly didn't take me long to find them. I looked straight and saw the lights in our office turned off. This was strange? Then I noticed the soft glow of 2 wand-like structures swirling around from one end of the room to the other.They had actually turned off the lights and were running around swinging their wands at each other and laughing. It was pretty darn adorable!















Josh and Sara and their new Star-War lasers.

Anyone looking for a way to entertain their children, great deal at Walgreens right now! Just try and keep your kids from swinging them at strangers :)

1 comment: